Steam Driver Experience Days
Enjoy a day driving one of the railway's 7¼" narrow gauge steam locomotives and during the afternoon take your family group for a trip around our 1 mile circuit.
On the full Steam Driver Experience course, you will learn how to:
- Prepare a loco, oiling up and raising steam
- Identify all the controls and how/when to use them
- Understand basic signalling procedures
- Drive under close supervision on a small loop
- Progress to our half-mile circuit with station stops
- Haul your family group on a full 1 mile circuit
Your package includes all necessary equipment, training and supervision to ensure you have a safe and memorable hands-on experience and even includes a commemorative certificate.
Steam Locomotive Driving Experience Days cost just £100
We also offer half-day battery electric experiences at just £75
Junior battery-electric driving experiences from just £40
Download more details of our junior driving experiences
For further information please contact: